Many Football Manager players extend the game experience with additional, extensive excel files. They allow you to check in which role our player will perform best, which player best suits the team DNA we impose or a more convenient selection of players. After downloading one of these excel file six months ago, to see what others are adding to this game, I found myself on the Sports Interactive Community forum, where you can find some posts about the content of the created excel files. Then I decided to take the most interesting ideas from various sources and create an application that allows the following things:
- Loading the exported from FM view of players’ attributes in order to check the best players in a given position (40 possible positions), in a given role (79 possible roles!)
- Using the loaded data to check which footballers best match the team DNA (you can set your DNA – up to 10 attributes)
- Calculate a player’s overall rating, which is influenced by the DNA value and, depending on individual settings, additional points for matchin nationality or character.
- Loading the football statistics view exported from FM, which enables the presentation of statistics on a graph, e.g. Key passes/90 vs Created chances/90. A total of 20 comparisons are available!
- Loading the information about the player exported from FM, such as character, nationality, contract expiry date, age, loan period. It is possible to highlight specific information in the list.
- The user can create a new or load an existing club save. This allows you to save the view of attributes, the view of statistics and the view of information for the future. After saving, the next preview does not require loading the html file again.
- Operating on a club save with more than one attribute save, it is possible to compare two views from different periods. Increased attributes are marked with green highlighting, while decreased attributes results in red highlighting.
FM Tool usage
FM Tool download
The minimum price is £3. If you’d like to pay more as a bonus for creator, there are £5 and £10 pricing options available. Payment can be made using a payment card or paypal account. The file will be sent to your e-mail immediately after payment is received.
It is possible to change the application language. In this year’s version there are two languages:
You can change the multiplier used to calculate a player’s rating (the value by which the values of “secondary” attributes are multiplied). Default value – 0.8. This number must be between 0.1 and 1.0. Once set, the value is saved for future application launches.
The selected language of the application must be correspond to the language selected in the game, which will affect the content of the exported data.
The user can enable or disable in the settings the option to adding points for matching nationality and character. If a matching nationality is enable, enter the 3-letter nationality representation. The other two settings windows allow you to select up to 10 attributes that are the club’s DNA and the characters you are looking for.
To be able to save the loaded view of attributes, statistics or information for the future, the user must create a new club save or load an existing one.
The first tab allows you to load the view of our players’ attributes exported from FM and then check the ranking of the best players in a given position, in a given role. It is one of the two tabs that uses the multiplier value.
- 40 positions to analyse
- 79 roles
- Team DNA ranking
After loading the exported attribute view on the first tab (Roles Analyse), on the second tab, Player Analyse, a list of all players will appear. Clicking on a given player shows us the ranking of the best roles for that player. In addition, we receive a footballer’s card, showing basic information about the footballer and the value of his DNA and his full assessment, which is influenced by DNA and, depending on the Analyse Configuration settings, additional points for the matching nationality or character of the player.
The third tab gives the opportunity to present the statistics on the chart. The statistics view exported from FM should be loaded. There are 20 different comparisons to choose from, thanks to which you can look at the players’ achievements in a completely different, clearer way.
Team Statistics History
The first of the two tabs that allow you to load the exact view you export from FM. This tab allows you to load the statistics view.
Player Attributes History
The next tab allows you to load the view of attributes. If you use the club save and previously saved views of attributes from another period, it is possible to compare the changed attributes for a given player.
The last tab allows the user to load an exported view of player information. Loading the view gives you the opportunity to highlight the required information, such as: character, nationality, contract expiry date, load period.
To get html files needed to load data into FM Tool, you need to load views into Football Manager. They are located in the FMTool_views folder (.fmf files). They can be loaded in the squad or scouting tab.
Then, after selecting a specifing view, click the ctrl+P key combinations and then select “Web Page” from the available options. On the next screen you need to choose the place where the file will be saved.
To export statistics values in the correct form, make sure that in the game preferences, in the “Formats” tab, you have set:
- “Decimal Symbol” – “Dot“
- “Digit Grouping Symbol” – “Decimal“
In addition to loading data from files exported from FM, it is possible to save such views in the specific club save for later viewing.
The app was made and tested on the FM 20 version.